Vegan Coffee Cake
I LOVE crumble/streusel on top of things! I mean… like REALLY love it. This recipe is all about the crumble on top and it’s amazing.
I also like to top the slices with a drizzle of simple and sweet vanilla glaze (icing sugar, a tiny bit of vanilla, and a tiny bit of soy milk – stir. If too runny add more icing sugar, if too stiff add more soy milk).
- 2½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp salt
- ¾ cup oil
- 1 cup plant milk
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup apple sauce
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 F and grease a 7x11 pan. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the flour, sugars, and spices.
- Mix in the oil and combine until well mixed and crumbly.
- Set aside 1 cup of this crumbly mix,
- In a medium bowl combine the milk, vinegar, apple sauce, vanilla, soda, and powder.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry and mix very well.
- Pour into the prepared pan.
- Add chopped nuts to the dry mix you set aside and crumble over the top of the batter in the pan.
- Bake at 350'F until a cake tester comes out clean about 45 minutes (start checking after 30minutes - I have a new oven and I think its temperature isn't quite right)
Something I haven't tried yet, but I plan to, is to add some finely diced apple to the batter. If you try this, let me know how it goes!
If you make this recipe, please rate and comment below! Thanks! 🙂